August 12, 2009
at 10:50 AM
August 11, 2009
August 4, 2009
If you have little ones, then you know that eating out with them can be a messy "adventure" My baby just turned one, and she wants to eat everything and anything! I have tried these amazing Table Topper place mats for children. It comes in different designs like: Dora the Explorer, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Sesame Street, Disney Princess, Baby Einstein.
July 15, 2009
July 14, 2009
July 10, 2009
July 8, 2009
July 6, 2009
I have your button #2 July 7, 2009 3:42 PM
NEW! Spill-Resistant Snack Cup for Infants and Toddlers!
I have your button #2
July 7, 2009 3:42 PM
July 2, 2009
I love reading, now that I have an 11 month old it's a bit harder to just read when I want. It's easier with my 5 year old, since she's older.
July 1, 2009
June 29, 2009
June 24, 2009
Piggy Paint was founded by a stay-at-home-mom, Melanie Hurley, after she saw the harsh chemicals that were in regular nail polish. She worried about her girls putting their hands in their mouths after she painted them with traditional kid polishes. Not only did the ingestion of the chemicals worried her, but the smell nearly left her light-headed. One day, while they were painting their nails, over a foam plate, her daughter dropped a glob of nail polish onto the plate. Shortly after, the paint began to bubble and ate through the plate. After seeing the hole in the plate, she tested the other kid polishes on the foam, which they all began to bubble and eventually left holes in the plate. And that's when Piggy Paint was born.
June 23, 2009
My oldest daughter started "Kindercamp" today. It's just for this week so that they can get to know the school, teachers, etc. She's not to happy about this big, new school, I had to drop her off today, of course her teacher was waiting for her. When I picked her pick up she told me she was crying because I left her, and I didn't go in with her. So, that just did it for me. I'm very emotional when it comes to these things.. I cried on her first day of pre-school, I was the only parent crying.
June 22, 2009
June 16, 2009
June 15, 2009
June 8, 2009
I have to say that I enjoy being a mom and being at home with my children, but it's hard sometimes. It's frustrating when your children won't listen to you, won't do what you tell them to do, when they talk back to you, when they try to get their way. It's not easy being a parent and it's not easy to raise kids, the only way that I have found to get through and not lose my sanity is through God. I need to pray everyday and just talk to God, my father to help me and to guide me through this parenting journey, so that I make the right decisions when it comes in raising my girls.
June 7, 2009
Well... I am finally on vacation! and it's gorgeous! We are in a resort in the 19th floor, with a beautiful view of the beach.. I can just open the balcony and hear the ocean's waves..
June 3, 2009
I am, well we are going on vacation this Saturday to Panama City Beach, Fl. for a whole week, to a beautiful resort, we're going with our family. I can't wait!! We didn't go on vacation last year, I was pregnant and due in July, so we are this year.
I will take my laptop, eventhough I will be on vacation, I can't stay away from the internet!
So, I will write and let you all know how great the beach is! and I might post pictures.
June 2, 2009
May 31, 2009
How do you spend your Saturday Nights?
Well, I've gotta say that before we had any kids, we would go to the movies every weekend, unless there was something else going on. After we had kids...well..let's just say that "going to the movies" is a big thing now!
So, I actually spent this past Saturday shopping at Walmart! Amazing how your life changes once you have kids! As I was waiting in line to checkout, I thought to myself: "I love shopping at walmart by myself (no kids)" Don't get me wrong, I like going out with my family and my girls, but sometimes you just need to go out shopping alone!
I was so into in what I was doing that I lost track of time! and heard over the speaker when the guy said "Good evening shoppers, the time is 10pm and the fitting rooms are now closed" I got there around 7:30pm and just lost track of time!
So, things change, life changes, we also change! for the better.
May 29, 2009
My 10 month old baby Amanda, finally started to crawl today!
She has been moving here and there trying to crawl, but today she just crawled!
It's amazing to me how one day babies just start crawling, sitting, walking. God made it so perfect!
Does your baby fall asleep on her/his own?
I'm having a lot of problems with this. I remember saying when I was pregnant that I was not going to be holding her so that she could fall asleep..well I was wrong!! I just couldn't put her down when she was born, she would just lay there and you can tell she loved it (lying on my chest) So, now that's the only way she will go to sleep, if you carry her or if you lie with her in bed (my bed) she doesn't like to be alone, she wants to feel that someone is there.
We had this issue with our 1st daughter too, different but she wanted to be rocked to sleep, until one day we just got tired of it and began to put her in her crib and let her cry. (I know it doesn't sound good..trust me this was really hard for me!) but she was about a yr. old when we did this.
And it took about a week to get her use to this routine. I tried doing this with my little one, but it's so hard for me I can't do it, I'm WEAK!!
So, have any of you had this problem/issue? How did you deal with it?
May 27, 2009
May 25, 2009
25 Things About Me:
1. I'm a Christian, a wife and a mom of 2 girls.
2. I'm about to turn 33 in June.
3. I love cruises! I'm addicted to cruises.
4. I love Disney and everything Disney!
5. I love LOST!
6. I love watching movies.
7. I don't eat fish or anything from the sea.
8. I dated my husband for 8 years.
9. My father-in-law is a pastor.
10. I love dogs.
11. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano.
12. I like the smell of hospitals.
13. I enjoy reading.
14. I enjoy coloring, especially with my daughter.
15. I love chocolate and cake.
16. I think of myself as an organized person.
17. I like making crafts.
18. I also love coke and sweet tea.
19. My favorite fast-food restaurant is Chick-Fil-A
20. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
21. My favorite vacation other then Disney and a cruise is the beach.
22. I have 2 girls a 5 year old and a 10 month old.
23. I'm trained to be a birth doula.
24. I like everything that has to do with pregnancy and birth.
25. I've always want to persue a carrer in healthcare.
at 2:03 AM
May 21, 2009
Oh WOW my 1st follower!! I didn't think I would be this happy!
Thank you for following me :-)
at 11:38 AM
I don't know which cartoons or kids show your children like.. but my 10 month old daughter Amanda loves The Sprout Channel.. she loves Chica and she loves "Star" from The Good Night Show. She also loves "Mickey Mouse Club House" (Disney Channel) Well, I like all those shows too! I still watch my favorite ones from when I was little... Pink Panther, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, The Flinstones... oh and my all time favorites..The Muppets!
What shows or cartoons do your little ones like?
May 20, 2009
at 1:15 PM
May 12, 2009
May 1, 2009
My daughter Emely is about to finish Pre-School on Friday, which I can't believe! She will be starting kindergarten in August. And she can't wait to start in the "big school" and ride the school bus.. which I am not at all comfortable!!
- Have your child find a letter from their name on a product label.
- Try simple activities such as reading logos of favorite foods and stores.
- Before you go to the store, involve your child in making a shopping list. You can ask your child to check the cereal boxes to see if any are almost empty. A four or five year old can check on the supply of milk, extra rolls of toilet tissue, and other items. You can consult this list together as you shop. Let your child mark off the items on the list.
- Ask your child to make comparisons (smallest, shortest, heaviest, same as, etc.) of cans and bottles.
- Let your child pick out one vegetable of fruit and identify the begining sound of its name. What other foods begin with that sound?
- Cut out coupons, and help your child match the coupon to the food item. Let her/him give them to the cashier.
- Estimate how many radishes (carrots, etc.) are in a bunch and then count the number.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Change your voice and facial expressions.
- Make sure children are comfortable.
- Read aloud to children frequently.
- Establish regular reading times.
- Help children notice new information.
- Point out pictures as they relate to the story.
- Explain words they may not know to help increase vocabulary.
- Ask children questions before and after reading.
- Encourage children to talk about the book.
- Read many kinds of books including ones with pictures of people of different cultures, ages, and with disabilities.
- Choose books that help you teach.
- Reread favorite books.
- Play "I spy" using words found on billboards and signs.
- Have your child draw a pictorial journal of trip events. You can add dictation about each picture if necessary.
- Keep sing-along or storybook tapes in an activity bag or backpack. Drawing materials, card games, puzzles and books also make a great addition.
- Look at a clock, have your child tell what time the trip begins and when they think they will arrive at their destination. Check the time when you arrive.
- Games like "I Spy" searching for animals, letters and numbers; counting colored cars, matching sign shapes, finding silly-named streets, inventing rhymes amuse away the miles.
- My personal favorite one is when my daughter sees a car that looks like mine, her dad's, grandparents, she would yell that its just like so and so...
5/27 ~ Have your child practice saying his/her full name, address, and phone number.
5/28 ~ Play catch, and count the number of balls caught. Can you come up with other games?
5/29 ~ Explore this-How many body parts can you move while standing in one place?
5/30 ~ Let your child pick out a new toothbrush and teach correct tooth brushing.
5/31 ~ Make a family calendar. What will you be doing for the rest of the summer? (camp, vacation)
If you would like to have a product reviewed, or would like to advertise, or would like for me to host a giveaway, please email me at: